Jester

Jester

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Shoei RF-1200 Beacon Review

I recently acquired a new Shoei RF-1200 Beacon helmet, and thought I'd share my impressions. First off let me say, that I am a big fan of Shoei helmets. They aren't cheap but you do get what you pay for.









Hands down this is the best helmet I've ever worn. I really liked my RF-1100 that this helmet replaces, but Shoei has definitely incorporated some nice upgrades into this model. First of all, it is lighter and more compact, than the RF-1100. Shoei changed and improved the ventilation and also succeeded in making it quieter as well. The visor has been upgraded with a stronger less flexible one. Shoei also added double gaskets where the shield meets the helmet. This makes for a much tighter seal and helped to reduce the wind noise. 

This helmet fits true to size, the paint and finish are top notch. The headliner is comfortable and plush as always with Shoei helmets.

No comments:

Post a Comment